Women’s Protection Cell
• The College has established a Women protection Cell in the college campus for the women faculty, staff and girl students, to enhance understanding of issues related to women and to make the college campus a safe place for them.
• With an aim of creating awareness of their rights and duties the cell organizes and participates in seminars, talks and also takes up women’s issues and problems. It also provides a platform for women to share their experiences and views regarding their status in the society and to suggest ways to improve and empower themselves.
• Aiming at intellectual and social upliftment of the female students, the cell stands for facilitating women’s empowerment through guest lectures, seminars, awareness programmes life skill training programmes, entrepreneur training and other welfare activities.
• To create awareness of the Women’s Right and to empower Women.
• To provide a safe environment for women and girl students.
• To promote a culture of respect and equality for women.
• To organize various types of programs for women to be financially, mentally and emotionally empowered so as to promote their growth as individuals in their own right.
• To create a sense of responsibility in the students and have healthy study and work culture in all schools of the College.
• To involve NSS students of college to interact with rural and urban women who lack formal education and identify projects suitable for up gradation using technology.
• To create awareness amongst students about the issues related to the youth, girls in particular.
Women’s protection cell is committed to :
• Observing the law on Harassment of women
• Addressing complaints from victims.