ENGINEERING PROJECTS IN COMMUNITY SERVICE (EPICS)
MLRIT EPICS is a Program in which students in collaboration with local NPO/NGO to provide technology solutions to the communities.
EPICS(Engineering Projects in Community Service) in MLRIT Organizes students to work on engineering-related projects for local area non-profit organizations.
Focus on development -by college student teams -of devices and systems for the benefit of the target audiences of the non-profit community partners.
EPICS and EPICS in IEEE projects fall under four defined humanitarian "categories."
These categories help students connect engineering skills to humanitarian issues that involve:
---->Access & Abilities
---->Education & Outreach
Benefits of participating in EPICS:
1. Gain design experience of real systems.
2. Develop team work and communication skills.
3. Gain understanding of ethical, economic & legal issues.
4. Get involved in the community.
5. IEEE funding amounts in the US$5,000 to US$10,000 range.
For Complete Details about EPICS CLICK HERE