1. To frame and revise the curriculum of every academic programme of the college.
2. To make arrangements for the teaching of all the courses required for completion of various academic programmes.
3. To make arrangements for the conduct of examinations, as required.
4. To make recommendations to the Governing Council for conferment of degrees and other academic titles.
5. To supervise the working of the Central Library of the college.
6. To promote research activity within the college.
7. To collaborate with other academic institutes and industry.
8. To create an environment conducive to the development of entrepreneurship.
9. To provide for management of the hostel of the college.
10. To ensure discipline amongst the students.
11. To provide for and supervise the co-curricular activities of the students.
12. To award stipends, scholarships, medals and prizes to the students.
13. To provide effective guidance for placement and training of students.
14. To appoint Committees from amongst the teaching faculty of the college and experts from outside, to advise on specific academic issues; and to act on the recommendations of such committees after due consideration.
15. To appoint a Review Committee periodically, to review all the academic activities of the Institute, including the curricula and academic rules and regulations, and to act on its recommendations after due consideration.
16. To plan and execute the overall academic growth of the college, including apprising and making recommendations to the Governing Council, where necessary.